Parents of Potential 14's Players,
The Hutchinson JO Board has made the decision to push back tryouts for our 14's program to January. We are making this decision based off of the recent spike of COVID-19 cases within the community.
The Hutchinson Community is currently experiencing a positivity rate with COVID-19 of over 30%, 3x the State's current average. On top of this, many of our school districts are having to quarantine kids due to either testing positive for COVID and/or having been exposed to someone who tested positive. This includes some girls who were looking to do tryouts in our program. For the safety of our players, coaches, and families involved in our program, we think it is wise to simply push back tryouts at this time.
We will be exploring some dates in January to conduct the tryouts and we very well could make the decision to incorporate the tryouts into the first couple of practices, similar to what we do with our 12's program. If you haven't yet, we would still encourage you to register your daughter for tryouts. If we end up incorporating the tryouts into the practices, the $30 tryout fee will simply become a portion of the team deposit.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during these times. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Hutch JO VB